On the heels of my post about how I goal set, I thought it would also be helpful to share how I break down my day. The best way to achieve a goal is to segment it into daily chunks to tackle.
My method of choice, I call it: The Core 4 Method. I choose 4 Professional daily key achievements and 4 Personal to dos.
As I work in Financial Services at a FinTech company, my Professional Core 4 usually consist of the 4 items I need to get done in my career in the now term. My personal Core 4 consist of BLOOM and items related to my personal brand. I also have a daily/weekly plan for BLOOM, but I tend to plan those smaller tasks intermittently throughout my day so I’m always in the flow.
Here is a short example of my Core 4 for my two categories, followed by an explanation of my criteria for what makes the Core 4 cut.
The date: WEDNESDAY January 17th
- CX meeting for approvals on wireframes – go team!
2. Ensure Bank contract keeps moving. (Loop in executive panel.)
3. Understand nuances of Asset Class by Lunch
4. Put together proposal for Project X by COB
- Develop BLOOM CRM – 40 min
2. Write two new posts.
3. Promo plan for the 2018 Growth Planner
4. Onboard new advertising clients